Join us as a Communication Coach
Applications for AY19/20 Semester 2 are now open.
The LCC Communication Cube welcomes new Communication Coaches who fulfil the following requirements:
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to understand and follow instructions;
- A desire to help people with their writing, speeches and presentations;
- Ability to offer at least 5 hours of service a week from February to April 2020;
- Pursuing a postgraduate degree or in 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of undergraduate studies in any discipline;
- No restrictions on part-time employment within NTU;
- Completion of Qualifying Examination (PhD students); and
- Not a recipient of the following scholarships: Nanyang Scholarship, Renaissance Engineering Programme Scholarship, Earth Observatory of Singapore (EOS) Undergraduate Scholarship, NTU Science & Engineering Scholarship, Mdm Thio Giok Kim Renaissance Engineering Programme Scholarship, Ng Bok Eng Renaissance Engineering Programme Scholarship, Jen Family Scholarship (only those on non-subsidised fee basis).
As a Communication Coach, you will be offering feedback and advice to NTU students in relation to their writing and oral communication skills. This includes discussing and working on the following:
- The writing and communication process, including awareness of audience and purpose;
- Writing and communication strategies;
- Content and organization;
- Cohesion and coherence;
- Language style and tone;
- Grammar, vocabulary, and mechanics; and
- Format and visual aids.
You will be helping students with different levels of English proficiency either in one-on-one consultations or group consultations. Training will be provided.
Communications Coaches gain valuable experience in teaching and coaching others. In doing so, they often become more aware of their own writing issues and develop new writing strategies.
As Communication Coaches help students, they are also offered a glimpse into the worlds of other disciplines, broadening their own perspectives and gaining new knowledge.
Remuneration rates for Communication Coaches are as follows:
If you would like to apply to be a CommCoach, please complete and email the application form (click on 'application form ') in Microsoft Word format to CommCube@ntu.edu.sg together with a short message. The closing date is 30 November 2019.
Candidates will be shortlisted for interviews based on their ability to follow instructions, how they respond to the final question in the application form, and the quality of their emails.
Join us as an Operations Assistant
Applications for AY19/20 Semester 2 are now closed.
We are looking for Operations Assistants with the following qualities and skills:
- Personable and friendly
- Administrative skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to understand and follow instructions closely
You should also be able to work for at least 5 hours a week from mid-January to April 2020.
The responsibilities of an Operations Assistant are as follows:
- Checking equipment, and signing them out and in
- Setting up equipment for presentations
- Checking online reservations
- Updating the daily appointment list
- Verifying the identities of clients
- Ensuring clients have hard copies of their written assignments/USB drives
- Assigning CommCoaches to clients
- Answering clients' queries
- Helping to ensure that consultations end on time
- Ensuring that food is not consumed in the LCC Communication Cube
- Other ad-hoc duties
The remuneration rate is $10/hr.
Apply to be an Operations Assistant
To apply, please write to CommCube@ntu.edu.sg, indicating why you are interested in the position and why you are suitable for it. The closing date is 28 November 2019.